Principal Technology Consultant - Insurance DescriptionJob #: 71152
Selected by Newsweek as a 2021 and 2022 Most Loved Workplace, EPAM's global multi-disciplinary teams serve customers in more than 50 countries across six continents. As a recognized leader, EPAM is listed among the top 15 companies in Information Technology Services on the Fortune 1000 and ranked four times as the top IT services company on Fortune's 100 Fastest Growing Companies list. EPAM is also listed among Ad Age's top 25 World's Largest Agency Companies for three consecutive years, and Consulting Magazine named EPAM Continuum a top 20 Fastest Growing Firm.
Learn more at www.epam.com and follow EPAM on Twitter and LinkedIn.
We have an open position for an experienced Principal Technology Consultant (Digital Transformation & Architecture) within our growing Insurance practice, working with London and global Property and Casualty (P&C) clients across their enterprise estates. This is an exciting time for a recognised Insurance Technology Principal to join a small and rapidly growing team of experts to work with high profile Insurance industry clients, helping them to transform and modernise their business models and enterprise technology.
This role is not focused on technology leadership alone. It encompasses a keen interest in the span of Insurance business processes across the value chain, and chiefly a focus on business value and outcomes through close collaboration with business stakeholders.
Scroll below to read more about requirements and responsibilities for this position.
• To join a small and rapidly growing team, with the chance to shape and influence our practice.
• To work alongside the best engineers and technology consultants in the world.
• To influence our offerings and services.
• For exciting and varied work across the tech stack, the value chain, and the industry.
• For exceptional growth and education.
What You’ll Do
- This is a senior client facing role to work with our Insurance clients on a variety of Business, Technology, and Digital Transformations across the Insurance value chain
- This may involve helping to shape and deliver change and transformation programmes, often with a focus on adopting modern digital architectures and technology stacks
- Application of best practice, of structured problem-solving, functional decomposition, service and capability mapping, integration architecture, data architecture, and similar techniques, at an enterprise level
- Ability to collaborate, evaluate, discuss, and negotiate the full range of enterprise architecture topics with business, technology, and data SMEs to mutually agreeable conclusions
- Growing senior stakeholder relationships to support delivery, quality, risks, and dependencies, problem-solving, and to become a professional trusted advisor
- Ability to work across the delivery lifecycle, from vision and strategy, through implementation, product management, and live service introduction, with multidisciplined teams in multiple geographies
- Applying research and thought leadership to support business acquisition, and the development of methods, offerings, and assets
What You Have
- Demonstrable experience of working in Technology Consulting, Strategy, and Enterprise Architecture
- Structured and strategic thinker, drawn to finding problems and inefficiencies, to exploring, curating, and testing innovative solutions within the Insurance industry
- Good understanding of the modern technology stack, especially cloud, data, and integration, with a basic understanding of typical Insurance Technologies (e.g. OCR, document processing, IPA, data lakes)
- Previously worked at a management or technology consulting firm, with experience of P&C carriers on resolving common Insurance challenges
- Well-practised at day-to-day relationship-building and stakeholder management
- Passionate about the Insurance industry, about P&C commercial Insurance, and about Insurance technology
- Whilst not the focus of this role, it is a senior position that requires commercial astuteness, experienced in procurement, sales, services, license models, etc
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, confident and articulate in presenting to CXO level and building technology and business relationships
- Driven self-starter, eager to continue the learning journey, who loves teaming and collaboration
- A dedicated team player, with good self-awareness, and a sleeves-rolled-up / hands-on approach
Nice to have
- London Market and wholesale Insurance experience preferred, including Lloyd's of London
- Core Insurance knowledge in the underwriting lifecycle (e.g. from submissions, through placement, rating, quotation)
- Knowledge of the Insurance data landscape, standards, challenges, and opportunities
- Knowledge of typical Insurance Core Platforms and the supporting ecosystem of technology and services
- Knowledge of Insurance specific standards and frameworks
- Knowledge of and the ability to apply the typical core EA Framework layers and elements
- Knowledge of Digital Transformation, Customer Journey Design, Service Mapping, Agile Delivery, etc
- Passion to coach and mentor others as we continue to build and expand our practice
- We offer a range of benefits including
- A competitive group pension plan, life assurance and income protection
- Private medical insurance, private dental care and critical illness cover
- Cycle scheme Tech scheme and season ticket loan
- Employee assistance program
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- EPAM Employee Stock Purchase Plan (ESPP) (subject to certain eligibility requirements)
- Various perks such as Gym discount, Friday lunch, on-site massage and regular social events
- Some of these benefits may be available only after you have passed your probationary period