- Addressing a lack of self-service, poor data quality and other legacy challenges
- Building a brand-new B2B customer experience and creating the powerful 3D Cap Builder tool
- Developing a robust and scalable application ready to be customized and expanded to other New Era markets
Creating New Era’s Self-Service B2B Site & 3D Cap Builder to Enable a Transformative B2B2C Customer Experience
Since partnering with EPAM to lead its eCommerce transformation efforts in early 2017, New Era has launched three regional B2C sites built on SAP Commerce Cloud to serve consumer markets in the US, Mexico and Australia. To bring the same great experience to core customers like resellers and sports teams comprising the majority of New Era’s business, EPAM helped the iconic brand develop an enhanced customer portal with the same sleek, intuitive look and feel as the B2C sites and a shared SAP Commerce Cloud codebase to maximize efficiency. In July 2018, New Era launched its transformed B2B portal with upgraded features and functionality, including an innovative 3D Cap Builder tool.
Based on New Era’s challenges and requirements for a new B2B customer portal, EPAM developed a seamless solution built on SAP Commerce Cloud with the following custom features and functionality:
- Intuitive self-managed portal with a redesigned, optimized user experience
- Advanced business logic to reduce manual data entry and design errors, as well as improve turnaround time
- Progressive B2B storefront, leveraging the same look and feel and sharing components with the B2C solution to unlock omnichannel efficiencies
- Fully interactive 3D Cap Builder tool with 360° rotation
- Customizable, scalable and reusable data-driven framework for 3D objects
In July 2018, the New Era B2B experience was successfully launched, meeting the following objectives for the brand:
- Launched a brand-new B2B eCommerce solution that seamlessly bridges the gap between customers and sales reps from product inception to fulfilment
- Delivered a self-managed customer portal that is fully integrated with 30+ external systems and built on the same SAP Commerce Cloud codebase as the B2C solution
- Created the photo-realistic 3D Cap Builder customizer with a cutting-edge technology stack for 3D modeling
Hear from the Customer
“With the introduction of the 3D Cap Builder experience, our B2B customers have the real-time imagery and self-service design features they need to create a custom cap and place an order in minutes. We couldn’t have done it without EPAM!”
Chief Information Officer, New Era Cap
In the News
Why It’s Time to Refocus on Omnichannel
True omnichannel in retail has proved difficult to achieve. By focusing on a holistic approach to customer perspective and utilizing an innovation platform, retailers can reach omnichannel success.
Building Out New Era’s B2C Presence with SAP Commerce Cloud
Intelligent Digital: Preparing for Retail 4.0
Integration vs. Separation: Understanding the New Commerce Paradigm
Simplifying Digital Asset Delivery
Facing problems brought on by an inefficient, point-to-point DAM system, Metro collaborated with EPAM to create a solution that would offer more flexibility and efficiency for its content managers.
Hello. How Can We Help You?
Get in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you.