- Designing and delivering a tracking device and connected application that would be more attractive to different users than the typical GPS consumer market already served by findxone
- Determining the right market for the product based on extensive research
- Creating a device that appeals to the European moped and motorcycle market
- Redesigning the tracker into a refined-yet-rugged device that is small enough to fit in the palm of the hand connects seamlessly to a custom application
Launching & Branding motoxone to an Untapped Motorcycle Market
Looking to launch a tracking device product an undetermined, under-served market in Europe, Vodafone engaged EPAM to develop a working prototype that puts its findxone GPS technology to new use. EPAM researched the market for digitally enabled tracking devices and found that motorcyclists were lacking a heavy-duty, reliable way to keep track of their vehicles.
With the aim of the project clear, EPAM went to prototyping the solution. After just three months of work, the client picked a winning prototype for the new Vodafone motoxone, complete with a high-gloss polycarbonate case and pebble-like shape inspired by the moped’s form.
Three months and 120 working prototypes later, Vodafone xone selected the go-to-market version of the motoxone tracking device. This version features a high-gloss polycarbonate case and pebble-like shape inspired by the moped’s form. The project expertly met the following objectives for the Vodafone xone brand:
- Delivered xone technology to a new market of consumers
- Rebranded existing findxone brand to motoxone in order to move the technology into the motorcycle market
- Created a comprehensive brand toolkit to support motoxone
- Provided users with the ideal set of features within the motoxone app
- Emphasized ruggedness, ergonomics, and internal electronics to fit with the xone brand
With the motoxone project successfully completed and delivered, EPAM continues to partner with Vodafone on other wide-ranging business initiatives.
Hello. How Can We Help You?
Get in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you.