- Limited static reports that lack the necessary flexibility to easily answer specific data queries
- Manual analyses by taking paper-based static reports and reproducing data values in tools in Microsoft Excel and Microsoft PowerPoint
- Inability to pull reports upon request, inhibiting decision-making processes
EPAM's Real-Time Clinical Data Pulling Solution Helps Eliminate Drug Failures in R&D
Drug failures account for a substantial proportion of research and development costs and result from a variety of risk factors, most of which relate to concerns about drug safety and drug efficacy. When drugs fail because of these safety concerns, time costs become another factor as a tremendous amount of resource expenditures are lost forever. To remedy costs associated with drug failure, pharmaceutical companies have long explored ways to reduce phase lengths through more efficient approaches to R&D.
When the client, a multinational pharmaceutical and biologics company, approached EPAM, the company was looking to develop and implement innovative analytical technology solutions to enable scientists to interrogate trail data and make data-driven, scientific decisions earlier in the process. As a result of its positive impact on process effectiveness and data availability, the solution won the client’s internal CIO Excellence Award and Innovative Medicine Award as well as the external BioIT World 2014 Award.
EPAM’s Clinical Data Pulling Solution constitutes a step forward in the real-time investigation of clinical trials data and represents a measured improvement on the previous system, which consisted in large part of examining data that had been validated through manual processes. Upon implementation, EPAM’s solution enabled the client to achieve the following objectives in clinical trials:
- Improve safety monitoring and support operational decision-making
- Provide an intuitive, powerful, and flexible tool for study teams to interrogate clinical study data from ongoing clinical trials within phases I and II
- Gain insight into areas of drug safety, drug tolerability, and treatment efficacy, as well as into the capture of clinical data
- Introduce best-practice reporting procedures that ensure the integrity of clinical trial data as well as the privacy of trial subjects
- Automate and standardize workflow to achieve cost-effective resourcing and decrease the costs of drug failure
- Increase drug safety and ethicality for patients by ruling out drugs that are not effective and/or have significant adverse effects
As a result of its positive impact on process effectiveness and data availability for the client, the solution won the client’s internal CIO Excellence Award and Innovative Medicine Award as well as the external BioIT World 2014 Award.
Hello. How Can We Help You?
Get in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you.