- Creating a beautiful UI across devices: EPAM needed to find a way to create a stellar cross-platform digital entertainment experience leveraging the technologies Liberty Global had. In addition, it was critical to create a beautiful user interface that would meet the individual content needs of each country.
- Serving up intuitive, personalized recommendations: Liberty Global wanted to be sure Horizon TV served up personalized programming recommendations that would keep visitors watching – and coming back for more.
- Creating opportunities to expand viewer subscriptions: Behind every great product launch is a great strategy. And Liberty Global knew it needed one – especially to ensure its new viewing experience drove sales.
- Socializing the viewing experience: When it’s time to launch any new venture – especially one that relies on expanding viewership – it’s important to weave social media through the experience.
Liberty Global & EPAM Personalize the TV Experience
Everyone wants to be Amazon or Netflix. Why? In part, for the spot-on product recommendations that create a personalized experience for every viewer.
That’s exactly what Liberty Global wanted for its launch of Horizon, a revolutionary media and entertainment platform. The goal of Horizon was to deliver tailored UPC cable programming to subscribers in the Netherlands, and across Europe.
Liberty Global said it was ready to reinvent television with the launch of Horizon – and it turned to EPAM to do just that. EPAM & Liberty Global set out to:
- Launch desktop, iOS and Android applications as part of a cross platform digital entertainment experience
- Serve up intuitive, personalized recommendations for shows and movies
- Create new opportunities to expand a user’s subscription
- Socialize the viewing experience
Global Vendor Award
Liberty Global was so happy with the end product, it awarded EPAM with its 2012 Global Vendor Award for Innovation and Breakthrough.