- Replacing the expensive, hard-to-maintain Oracle Coherence in-memory data grid that had been powering Edmund's website and limiting the company's platform evolution
- Migrating the data from one large cluster feature multiple datasets consisting of 4-24 Coherence nodes each
Moving Data Closer to the Business with a NoSQL Solution
Providing simply the best, most up-to-date insider data about nearby dealerships, market prices, sales, and car specifications, Edmunds delivers paid advertising for car manufacturers as well as leads- and subscription-based services to dealers. With Edmunds, potential customers get all of the essential information about the car they are shopping for before they ever step through the door of a dealership.
Edmunds approached EPAM to find a solution for replacing the expensive, hard-to-maintain Oracle Coherence in-memory data grid that had been powering their website for five years and simultaneously limiting the company’s platform evolution. After one-and-a-half years of hard work and collaboration with Edmunds on the dataset migration project, EPAM successfully completed the replacement of Oracle Coherence with MongoDB. The engagement resulted in the lasting business benefits for the client.
After one-and-a-half years of hard work and collaboration with Edmunds on the dataset migration project, EPAM successfully completed the replacement of Oracle Coherence with MongoDB in December 2015. This project is another in EPAM’s very impressive series of collaborations in partnership with Edmunds – a partnership made stronger by EPAM’s ability to accomplish the following:
- Refactor the client’s data structure so deeply that the following improvements became apparent:
- Bulkdata load times improved 3 to 5 times
- Nodes size scaled down from 12 - 24 to 4 - 8
- True Market Value generation time was cut in half from 100 minutes to 50 minutes
- Respond to the client’s needs with professional analysis of the business domain and custom IT architecture to produce the following infrastructure savings:
- 200 fewer hosting companies utilized
- $10,000 to $12,000 per month saved (based on 75% utilization)
- Network bandwidth reduction from 6 Gbps to 3 Gbps for vehicle storage
- Enabled microservices architecture
Hello. How Can We Help You?
Get in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you.