- Slow response speeds of 7-10 seconds and the inability to adequately scale were contributing to a poor customer experience, especially on mobile
- The existing URL structure was not conducive to remarketing and personalization
- Digital assets were difficult to manage, often requiring developer intervention
- ZenDesk (the client’s help desk) was not integrated with the website
Shifting Southern Phone’s Business from Direct Sales to eCommerce Powered by Sitecore
After launching its first eCommerce site in early 2017, Southern Phone Company, a leading Australian telecom company, was seeking a more robust platform to help drive personalization and expand its reach into new geographies and demographics. In order to meet these goals and solve challenges around user experience, SEO and customer service, Southern Phone partnered with EPAM, who selected and implemented Sitecore Commerce as an all-in-one solution to help shift the client’s business from direct sales to a powerful online model that offers a world-class customer experience.
- Increased scalability to serve higher session volumes while providing faster page load times
- Improved URL structure to enable laser-focused remarketing
- Utilization of Sitecore’s engagement tactics, including Engagement Value Score, goals, reporting facets, Sitecore Email Experience Manager and engagement plans, to drive more personalized and deeper relationships with customers
- Updated look and feel, including ensuring the site was truly responsive
The new eCommerce solution addressed Southern Phone’s initial challenges and resulted in increased scalability, response speed and personalization, as well as the ability to add content and products easily and integrate with ZenDesk. The solution has resulted in greater customer engagement and satisfaction, as well as an increase in digital sales, yielding the following results:
- Improved conversion rates by 35% and still increasing
- Decreased average site load time by up to 80%
- Increased Google SEO rankings
- Increased user satisfaction and customer experience
- Improved average value per visit with the introduction of Engagement Value Scoring
With the solution successfully rolled out to customers across regional Australia, Southern Phone is looking forward to growing its digital footprint in the years to come.
Hear from the Customer
“From the project's inception to go-live, the EPAM team continued to deliver an outstanding engagement experience. Everything from project management to delivering solutions that leveraged the chosen technology stack beyond expectations made the project one of the highlights of my career.”Jay Sanderson
Digital Experience Manager, Southern Phone
Hello. How Can We Help You?
Get in touch with us. We'd love to hear from you.