Currently we are looking for a Technical Solution Engineer for our Cyberjaya office to make our team even stronger.
As a Technical Solution Engineer, you will provide outstanding support for cutting edge products, solutions and APIs, including Compute Engine and Storage and will work closely with lower support tiers, Engineering and Product Management. You will work in a second tier support role as part of a global team and provide in-depth technical assistance and advice to developers, system architects and lower support tiers. You will also work closely with software engineers, product managers and sales engineers to improve the product's vision and to make the platform and its customers successful.
- Provide developer and technical support and resolve customer cases for Cloud products, solutions and APIs, including debugging App Engine and Storage applications, authoring documentation and code samples, and handling system configuration
- Obtain and maintain an in-depth understanding of the product’s technology and underlying hardware and software architectures, building and transferring knowledge to Tier 1 support group and peers
- Work closely with software engineers and product management to identify, prioritize and fix customer issues or code bugs; guide or perform design and development of new support, productivity or investigation tools to increase efficiency for the technical support process
- Act as a consultant for Sales Engineers, Technical Account Managers and Deployment Specialists, resolving technical deployment obstacles, improving the product's vision and making customers successful
- Improve existing and author new Cloud Platform documentation, code samples, best practices and FAQs, helping the developer community thrive by monitoring discussion groups and attending live community events
- BA/BS degree or equivalent practical experience
- Minimum 5 years of experience in infrastructure/application support role
- Hands-on experience with Cloud technology solutions and with running and supporting large complex systems at scale
- Understanding of Unix/Linux or Windows systems from kernel to shell and beyond, taking in system libraries, file systems and client-server protocols
- Knowledge and understanding of network theory, such as different protocols (TCP/IP, UDP, ICMP, etc.), MAC addresses, IP packets, DNS, HTTP, OSI layers and load balancing
- Familiarity with application-level data storage and with retrieval and analysis tools and concepts such as SQL, NoSQL, Log analysis and MapReduce
- Systematic problem solving skills coupled with a strong sense of ownership and drive
- Ability to speak and write in English and Japanese fluently and idiomatically