Currently we are looking for a Data Scientist for our Budapest office to join the Enterprise Analytics Division and make the team even stronger.
In Hungary currently 1400+ IT Engineers help the world’s leading companies imagine, design, engineer and deliver software that changes the world. We are in the heartbeat of EPAM, running a large scale of projects and technologies – which provides long-term international career path, travelling and even relocation opportunities for our colleagues.
We believe that the team you build is the company you build. Our offices are digital laboratories. Our clients are major global brands. We’re always looking for talented teammates. Think you’ve got what it takes?
- Convert large volumes of structured and unstructured customer data using advanced analytical solutions
- Use and fit different mathematical and econometric models, develop descriptive and predictive models that deliver better decisions
- Turn analyzed data into actionable insights and business value
- Create high-quality data visualizations in cooperation with business analysts
- Communicate effectively with other departments (product managers, engineers) to discuss complex data-driven findings and technical specifications
- Continuously develop knowledge base within the data scientist team, participate in common brainstorming sessions
- Bachelor’s/Master’s Degree in Computer Science, Math, Applied Statistics or a related field
- At least 2-3 years of experience in data mining, statistics or machine learning
- Experience in statistical software (e.g. R, SAS or MATLAB) and knowledge of programming languages (e.g. Python, SQL)
- Excellent communication skills in English (both written and verbal)
- Passion for learning new techniques and methodologies
- Willingness to go the extra mile with a strong work ethic
- Ability to handle strict deadlines and multiple tasks
- Permanent job in a modern office in the company of many skilled associates
- Regular training and development opportunities
- Use of high-valued applications
- Bilingual work environment
- Competitive salary and benefits
- Recreation area
- Relocation opportunities
- International projects