You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as a Senior Cassandra Architect. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
As a Senior Cassandra Architect, you will act as a key SME for general NoSQL technologies, with a focus on products such as Cassandra and Solr. This candidate is expected to be a Senior Engineer, Architect, and Technology Leader who can play many roles throughout a product or project lifecycle and is not simply a Database Administrator. Candidate must be comfortable with hands-on support for new Proof-of-Concept efforts in addition to supporting existing internal business and technology partners. Candidate should also be able to specify hardware for performance optimization and advising on tuning parameters throughout the hardware/software stack.
Candidate must be comfortable addressing a variety of audiences and adjust his/her communication style accordingly. Candidate should also be able to establish emerging technology blueprints and reference architecture documentation for NoSQL database products while also supporting those products in a production environment. Able to support frequent deployments through automation and an ability to work in uncharted territory with new technologies. The candidate will be the go-to person on high priority projects, and must be able to balance priorities and shifting requirements with minimal direction. The ability to independently learn and thrive in a fast-paced environment is a must!
- Cassandra Big Data product and information architecture design
- Expert in writing queries, data structure design, data modelling in Cassandra
- Experience providing on-call production support of Big Data / NoSQL systems, operating systems such as Linux, etc
- Infrastructure design across a broad range of technologies (middleware, database, web, load balancers, firewalls, etc.)
- Must understand RAID options, diagnosing network, I/O, memory, and CPU bottlenecks and other performance tuning skills
- Large-scale systems design and engineering with extremely high availability/resiliency
- Data Modeling & Data Migration/ETL (Extract-Transform-Load) functions for large data stores (Relational and/or Unstructured data)
- BI tools and reporting software (Pentaho, Cognos, etc.)
- Deep understanding of Relational vs NoSQL distributed database architectures (for example - explain fundamental differences between Oracle RAC and MongoDB)
- Previous role that included operational/production support of a critical environment (customer impact if down)
- Exposure to Cassandra on cloud technologies and/or experience migrating to cloud