Currently we are looking for a DevOps Engineer for our London office to make the team even stronger.
This is an exciting opportunity to join a ‘start up’ within a tier 1 financial services client. This is a post go-live completely green field initiative where the focus is on innovation.
The team will leverage extensive knowledge from the established Wealth Management delivery team globally and the calibre of minds is expected to be very high. This is a very high profile project and so the ability to work within a team driving new ideas through to realization in short timescales is key.
The project team is cross-functional with developers, analysts, testers and DevOps, all working (co-located) together as part of the same team. The product is a new line of business and is delivered as a responsive website (desktop/tablet/mobile). The project team is responsible for all aspects front-to-back including the website; it associated data services and the integrations with the pre-existing core systems at the company.
It is hosted internally on premise (not cloud hosted), and utilizes many pre-existing technologies such as TeamCity CI server, Git source control, Sonar static analysis, Jira issue tracking, Nexus artifact repository, etc. The core server infrastructure is provisioned by a separate team responsible for delivering the underlying servers to the application teams. The server-side code has been written primarily in Java 8 and the client-side code in HTML5. However we are part of a pilot initiative to move towards PaaS and containerization.
- Experience in large corporate environments and/or financial services
- Experience setting up Continuous Delivery environment
- Happy to work embedded with development as a DevOps specialist
- Very comfortable with UNIX CLI and scripting Maven
- Continuous Integration (TeamCity / Jenkins / etc.)
- Capable of working with infrastructure teams to co-ordinate requests and changes
- Node JS / NPM
- Able to work collaboratively with automation QA to integrate tooling for testing
Nice to have
- Puppet / Chef
- Cucumber BDD
- Spring (MVC, Boot, etc.)
- Docker / Docker Swarm / Kubernetes
- Cloud Foundry
- Understanding of networking concepts (firewalls / routes / etc.)