Are you an experienced Commercial Legal Counsel for IT Services / Software Services? Are you looking to further your career within a fast growth Global Software Development Consulting business?
Then you have the opportunity to be a part of our Global In House Legal function, you will operate in a highly autonomous environment in which you will play an integral part in shaping IT Services / Software Services deal pursuits for the EMEA region.
Come join us!
In House Commercial Legal Counsel (IT / Software Services) required by EPAM to join our expanding EMEA and APAC function, this role will be based in our London Liverpool Street HQ.
As the successful candidate, you report to our Deputy General Counsel – Global Commercial & Head of EMEA/APAC Legal to provide Commercial Law advice for our EMEA/APAC business.
This is a fantastic opportunity to be a part of a Global In House Legal function, you will have the opportunity to operate in a highly autonomous environment in which you will play an integral part in shaping IT Services / Software Services deal pursuits for EMEA.
- Be an integral part of the continued growth of EPAM's European commercial deal pursuits as well as general legal issues that arise in the European geography with varying degrees of complexity
- Draft, negotiate and revise a wide variety of contracts, including IT software services agreements, consulting agreements, statements of work, as well as subcontractor and alliance agreements and other in-bound commercial agreements
- Lead and assist with various special projects as assigned such as: developing templates and standard positions; improving contract management approaches and educating internal teams to assure conformity and consistency in application of relevant policies and procedures
- Lead and assist with the development and management of global privacy compliance policies and procedures, working with cross-functional partners when needed and providing proactive guidance on global privacy and data protection laws, regulations, industry standards, self-regulatory requirements and the obligations of the Privacy Shield and the GDPR
- Assist and advise on disputes
- Prepare management reporting to summarize status of contract negotiations and provide information to aid in management decision-making
- Liaise with internal business clients and other members of the global Legal team to efficiently close deals
- Coordinate with internal and external subject matter experts, including external counsel, when needed
- Implement and conduct training on policies, programs and contractual approaches
- Qualified solicitor from any jurisdiction in the United Kingdom and Republic of Ireland
- Demonstrable post qualification experience in IT Services / Software Services – NOT Software Licensing experience (around 4 years’ PQE, but candidates with more or less PQE who can demonstrate that they have equivalent levels of skills or knowledge will be considered)
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent drafting and communication skills
- Highly motivated and committed with the ability to build and develop rapport with the business
- Professional, calm under pressure, well organized, proactive and able to grasp concepts quickly
- Strong interpersonal skills and enjoys the challenge of working in a dynamic and busy environment
- Additional European language an advantage
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth