You are curious, persistent, logical and clever – a true techie at heart. You enjoy living by the code of your craft and developing elegant solutions for complex problems. If this sounds like you, this could be the perfect opportunity to join EPAM as an R&D LIMS Application Delivery Analyst. Scroll down to learn more about the position’s responsibilities and requirements.
The Research and Development LIMS Application Delivery Analyst is a member of the laboratory information management system (LIMS) team.
The Research and Development LIMS Application Delivery Analyst will work directly with research scientists and act as the liaison between programmers, information analysts, subject matter experts, data architects, and scientists to meet the needs of the end-users.
The ideal Research and Development LIMS Application Delivery Analyst will demonstrate operational effectiveness on the Tier 3 support team. The ability to own, manage, and resolve issues escalated by Tier 1 and Tier 2 teams will be essential to ensure the effectiveness of this role. This position will serve as a point of contact for Tier 3 support leading deployments, upgrades, fixes, and other critical tasks, including liaising with and managing other vendors to maintain client satisfaction.
- Resolve technical and process related questions including troubleshooting errors and performing root cause analysis to determine problem groups to improve operational efficiency
- Engage with Research and Development scientists to understand their business needs and proactively recommend solutions
- Assess and provide resolution for issues escalated by team members; escalate matters that are unable to be resolved to the Manager LIMS Application Delivery as required
- Customize and adapt people, process, and technologies to optimize solutions for scientific business areas
- Establish a working understanding of our client’s business and operational processes for Tier 3 support
- Design solutions to enhance existing systems to address present business demands
- Coordinate the delivery of functional and non-functional requirements
- Ensure all requested configurations are done promptly and follow the principles of best practice
- Leverage operational improvements to decrease total cost of ownership and maintenance of existing applications, technologies, and products to support Tier 3 functions
- Decrease severity and volume for Tier 3 escalations through education and proactive root cause analysis
- Support the site change control process to ensure the integrity of the LIMS systems
- Perform risk management by assessing the current and potential risks within the Tier 3 support team and associated activities
- Anticipate where deviations from plans may occur and propose scenarios working in alignment with leadership to mitigate these risks
- Conduct end-user and super-user training
- Develop, update, and implement training materials as necessary
- Contribute in all phases of the development lifecycle
- Support continuous improvement by investigating alternatives and technologies and presenting these for architectural review
- Demonstrate the ability to communicate effectively, both verbally and in writing, with members of all Tiers of the organization
- Support the Tier 3 site change control process to ensure the integrity of the LIMS systems
- Suggest new ideas for innovative, efficacious services, products, or scientific interactions
- Demonstrate the ability to identify continuous improvement opportunities in a science-based research environment
- Review and approve information technology and business changes in their respective change management systems
- Solid track record as a successful product owner or similar role for a LIMS platform and the associative environments
- Knowledge of the principles of object-oriented design and analysis and the benefit of applying common design patterns
- Understanding of how the BioPharma industry works, and design solutions and enhancements to the system such that business needs are met
- Experience with Java and JEE internals, (Class Loading, memory management, transaction management) and the Spring Framework
- Understanding of current business analyst tools and technologies for practical requirements elaboration
- Hands on experience working with relational databases and SQL (preferably Oracle RDBMS and MySQL)
- Strong technical problem-solver who understands a broad range of issues from the database, network, application, user and vendor related issues that have the potential to impact LIMS operations