Do you have a combination of deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organizations?
Then you have an opportunity to work with highly skilled and professional architects and engineers who specialize in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale.
Come join us!
We are currently looking for an experienced Java Development/Architecture Team Lead on our growing Digital Enterprise Integration (Middleware) Team, located in Dublin Airport.
Reporting to the Director of Delivery Management in Ireland, you will have responsibility for the quality and timeliness of the middleware development initiatives, which are the foundation for many of our client’s projects and ambitions.
You will help build out the vision of the organizations integration strategy and deliver this vision through the implementation of an Enterprise Service Bus in addition to managing and leading the development of solutions within the digital enterprise integration team.
- Manage day to day activities of the on and offshore development team, size development modules, estimate and allocating work to team members and review deliverables
- Design and specify the enterprise integration applications and services
- Understand the current and emergent software technologies e.g. SOA, Messaging, NoSQL Databases (MongoDB), Application Servers and ESB
- Mentor other team members in the implementation of SOA and other development techniques
- Offer support to other team members with a willingness to perform defect analysis and resolution where required
- Extensive Java experience including Spring Frameworks
- Good architecture experience
- Previous experience as a Technical Lead in a large-scale software development project
- Application Servers (JBoss an advantage)
- Experience in API development (does not need to be microservices but would be an advantage)
- Comfortable using design patterns (standard and EIP)
- Awareness of Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) and similar design techniques
- Experience of Web Services Continuous build/integration (Jenkins, Maven, Git)
- Strong communications skills, both documentary and verbal, from deep technical through to business presentations at executive level
- Ability to present technical ideas in business-friendly and user-friendly language
- Ability to motivate in a team-oriented, collaborative environment
- Superior analytical, evaluative, and problem solving abilities
Nice to have
- Professional IT qualification and/or proven working experience with software development
- Experience of messaging in particular experience using ESB technologies and/or IBM products
- Knowledge of API Management, Service registry, Service Discovery an advantage
- Good knowledge of airline business processes
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth