As a Java Engineer (Hybris), you will live on the front lines of the products we create, and build features used by millions of people every day.
Our client is a multinational conglomerate, one of the worlds fast-growing and the most innovative healthcare retailers. In this project, we are working with its European division (UK). Our project is about designing and developing B2B eCommerce solution based on SAP Hybris Commerce. Multi-region, -language, -currency implementation with complex deployment in the cloud brings challenging tasks to all the development team – from a junior developer to an architect.
The development is done on EPAM and the client’s side. There are more than 50+ engineers on the project from EPAM side distributed across several locations. The Hybris team in Kharkiv consists of 1 SA, 1 TL, 8 devs, 4 QA, 1 DevOps. The project recently went live. It is in the active phase of new features development.
Plans of the project: Enhance localization and internalization product management workflows; Improve personalization of checkout flow; Real-time price calculation; Improve speed and reliability of integrations with 3rd party systems.
What you will get: Be the part of the team which develops complex technology solutions; Large enterprise-level client (top global company), mature development process, strong engineering practices, good online documentation, balanced teams on the account; Close collaboration with a customer with ability to influence the customer’s business, active communication with the client representatives; Hybris training and certification provided by the company; An option to grow as a lead and higher (architect, technical manager etc.); Frequent business trips for senior team members all over EMEA and US regions.
Project technologies and tools
- SAP Hybris Commerce
- Spring 4+
- MySQL, SAP HANA
- Backend: Spring Integration (FTP\JMS), Spring MVC, Spring Security, SOAP/REST endpoints, oAuth 2
- SOLR 6.4
- Application server - Tomcat
- Version control system – Git (hosted on GitHub)
- CI/CD on top of Jenkins and Docker
- Java 8, Groovy for scripting
- Performance testing (Gatling)
- Auto-tests (Serenity BDD)
- Take part in designing software architecture
- Developing integrations with 3rd party systems
- Design and develop high-load system
- 2+ years of experience with Spring
- Good experience in design patterns, architecture framework
- Nice to have: e-commerce related experience
- Good problem-solving skills with the ability to resolve non-trivial tasks
- Experience with Agile methodology
- Good spoken and written English
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with certified English teachers
- Flexible work hours