- This position will require close communication with customers’ teams to clarify requirements and build reliable integrations with external systems
- Key developer will have to establish close communication with the product owner and external services owners to clarify requirements
- Lead small team
- Node.js (0.10 and latest, express-based Apigee's framework)
- NoSQL storages (Cassandra + Elasticsearch + Usergrid, Mongo)
- API architecture experience
- Good English
- Experience in designing SOA/microservices is desirable
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Individual career path in engineering
- Social package - medical insurance, sports
- Compensation for sick lists and regular vacations
- English classes with native speakers (certified English teachers)
- Flexible work hours
About the ProjectThis project is about building microservices-oriented E-commerce solution and API layer in front of IT. We are not
building everything from scratch, we are starting to build each service on top of the customer`s existing systems (order management system, customers storages and CRMs, etc.), but some services like catalog where we have freedom to provide storage and code architecture from the very beginning.
We tend to build microservices with Node.js with Express.js on data presentation layer. We are using Google’s Apigee for API management (expose APIs, provide OAuth, quotas, security etc.)
The challenge now is to migrate Node.js apps and data from Apigee to Google Cloud Platform (we now use only NoSQL storage, but some data relational storage might be better).
We have 2 clients already using our app (mobile application and client telling app for stores associates) and plan to migrate online store to our API.
Another big thing is Chat service to allow mobile app users to contact sales associates in specific stores, allow to collaborate on wish lists and orders etc. We are using Node.js + Socket.io + Mongo + Docker for chat piece.
We are in the middle of building CI/CD processes using Jenkins.
Project is to build e-commerce API services on top of Apigee stack with future switch to Google Cloud Platform + Apigee.