Do you have a combination of deep technical expertise, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Do you enjoy helping customers architect systems and solve technical problems? Are you passionate about transforming and shaping leading organizations?
Then you have an opportunity to work with highly skilled and professional architects and engineers who specialize in building and integrating custom software solutions at enterprise scale. We are currently looking for a Big Data DevOps Engineer for our London office.
Come join us!
We are building a new team in London to expand our client's data processing system to a new cluster in UK. For this, we need a need a Senior (or better) on-site developer to work in a distributed team alongside the developers from customer's organization and fellow contractors.
As a Big Data DevOps Engineer you would be responsible for developing a data collection, processing and reporting system; integrating various data sources with this system - backend components, wifi and tv devices, web and mobile applications. The goal of the project is to enable customer's organization to achieve better operational monitoring capabilities, and to give a better insight into end user's experience.
The project is being developed using with open source tech stack: Kafka, Apache Spark, Elastic stack (ELK stack).
- Ability to develop Big Data processing system
- Proven track record of integrating various data sources
- Create data processing in Apache Spark
- Participate in defining integration architecture
- Apache Spark
- Elastic Stack
- Python (not expert level, just sufficient to program for Apache Spark)
Nice to have
- Scala (sufficient for Spark)
- NumPy or any other math framework
- Competitive compensation depending on experience and skills
- Opportunity to work on leading edge platforms, working in a fast-paced, agile, software engineering culture
- Knowledge-sharing with colleagues from EPAM's global tech communities
- Regular performance feedback and salary reviews
- Opportunities for professional growth