Currently we are looking for a Technical Support Engineer for our Krakow office to make the team even stronger.
The role is to work as a Technical Support Engineer. Our client is one of the biggest financial institutions in Europe. The project is about post-trade processing of transactions globally.
We are looking for the engineer who will join other software delivery professionals, taking a role in the supporting and improvement of our back-end applications. You will become a permanent member of our support team where you will help to solve production issues and fully apply your extensive knowledge of the most popular and progressive technics which could greatly improve performance and usability.
The successful candidate will have a consistent track record of demonstrating initiative, collaboration and strong teamwork skills, as well as feeling responsible for keeping our systems up and running.
- Support mission-critical systems for trade confirmation and settlement. This involves various technical investigations to understand issues, supporting business and technical users, fixing minor bugs and changing system configuration
- Gain experience in areas of the Settlements and Confirmations of derivative instruments. This is a very exciting overlap between technology and the business groups; Occasional work in the evenings or weekends may be required with appropriate compensation
- Ability to analyze (back-end application logs) and get to the root cause of various issues related to Java applications
- Good knowledge of SQL (Oracle, Sybase) is a must
- Unix skills (Solaris/Linux)
- Excellent communication skills are required - the successful candidate will communicate across various regions
- Strong team player prepared to take responsibility for tasks, and ownership of issues
Nice to have
- Java development experience
- Git, Maven
- Continuous Integration
- Possibility to be involved in an international project (Canada, China, Hong Kong, Mexico, USA, Switzerland, Germany, Sweden, United Kingdom, Russia, Belarus, Ukraine, Hungary, etc.)
- Language classes (English and Polish)
- Vast opportunities for self-development: online courses and library, experience exchange with colleagues around the world, partial grant of certification
- Unlimited access to LinkedIn learning solutions
- Career development center
- Possibility to take part in both: corporate and startup environment
- Possibility to relocate for short and long-term projects
- Relocation package for those who relocate to Krakow, Wroclaw, Katowice or Gdansk from other locations
- Benefit package (health care, multisport, lunch tickets, petrol vouchers and shopping vouchers, etc.)
- Fruits on a weekly basis
- Sponsored sport activities, E-sport program
- We kindly ask you to include the following clause in your application: "Wyrażam zgodę na przetwarzanie danych osobowych zawartych w niniejszym dokumencie do realizacji procesu rekrutacji zgodnie z ustawą z dnia 10 maja 2018 roku o ochronie danych osobowych (Dz. Ustaw z 2018, poz. 1000) oraz zgodnie z Rozporządzeniem Parlamentu Europejskiego i Rady (UE) 2016/679 z dnia 27 kwietnia 2016 r. w sprawie ochrony osób fizycznych w związku z przetwarzaniem danych osobowych i w sprawie swobodnego przepływu takich danych oraz uchylenia dyrektywy 95/46/WE (RODO)"
- Please note that only selected candidates will be contacted