Senior Android Engineer DescriptionJob #: 64541
Currently, we are looking for a Senior Android Engineer to make our team even stronger.
The customer is leading the way as one of the largest and smartest video platforms, reaching over 300 million users today. The company has set some world records along the way — including the highest concurrent viewership at 25.3 million during the ICC Cricket World Cup 2019. On this project, you will build the future of TV.
We're looking for Android developers who have rich experience and a good understanding of the Android platform, excited to design and implement features for our Android application. As a senior software development engineer, you’ll be responsible for implementing various features and improving the stability of our application. While our reach till now has been impressive, we are looking for technical & product-aware engineers individuals who will define the future architecture of our platform, providing technical and product expertise, mentor and guide developers. Come and be a part of our high-performance Android team which is heavily focused on delivering an unmatchable user delight!
The pace of our growth is incredible – if you want to tackle hard and interesting problems at scale, and create an impact within an entrepreneurial environment, join us!
What You’ll Do
- Influence how we build individual features and products, and bring in best practices and patterns that can be used for the engineering lifecycle for Android discipline
- Take ownership of our continued efforts to scale mobile app development across Engineering, providing valuable insight on how we can refine our processes and tools to support additional contributors to our architecture and code
- Drive feature development for our well-renowned apps for smartphones and tablets
- Take ownership of end-to-end product quality, from developing to maintaining core app frameworks that help make the apps more reliable and delightful
- Create prototypes of new ideas and explore new technologies on the forefront of mobile technology
What You Have
- Understanding of Android Architecture, Framework, Android SDK, Core Java, Android Studio IDE, Android Debugger
- Hands-on experience in building mobile applications and mobility solutions – native applications
- Expertise in UI components & controls; Action Bars, Widgets, Fragments etc
- Knowledge of basic components of Android: Activity, Services, Intent, Broadcast Receiver, Content Provider
- Good working experience on Web Service Integration ( REST, JSON, XML) & cloud technologies - AWS, GAE, GCM
- Broad knowledge of a range of mobility areas such as Enterprise mobility, Mobile applications pertaining to various domains like Retail, VAS, Media, BFSI, Healthcare, Social Networking, E-commerce etc
- Experience using analytics, location and social APIs, MDM, payment gateway, SMS gateway, media content transcoding, and cloud integration, APM tools
- Competitive salary plus annual bonuses for showing outstanding results
- Flexible working schedule and opportunity to work remotely from any place in Lithuania
- Community of 41,000+ industry’s top professionals united for exchanging knowledge with experts from anywhere in the world
- Outstanding career development opportunities with a transparent career path and a roadmap to accelerate your journey
- Travel and relocation opportunities within our offices in 35+ countries and relocation support for you and your family
- Wide range of professional training, workshops, and mentoring programs plus unlimited access to LinkedIn Learning
- Learning resources and financial support for completing certification programs
- Corporate health insurance and the possibility of buying private health insurance for the family at a Corporate price
- Plus 3 additional vacation days as a benefit from the Company