The incredible power and scale of today’s technology offers enterprises endless opportunities for innovation and subsequent differentiation, giving businesses a fresh shot at generating competitive advantage
Redesigning a Leading Innovation Management Platform to Unlock the Power of Collaboration
In large enterprises, however, innovation often suffers when teams are siloed and corporate culture is unfavorable to employees who challenge the norm.
With this in mind, the client, a leading innovation management platform provider, partnered with EPAM to reimagine, redesign and optimize its platform, which it provides as a service to its customers. EPAM worked to redesign and re-engineer the platform, creating a new, optimized version that gives users the functionality and performance they need to collaborate and innovate in their industries.
- Enabling new platform functionality through responsive design
- Migrating the non-scalable, legacy Python/AWS-based platform to a new platform with an optimized technology stack, improved stability, and enhanced scalability and configurability
- Integrating the platform with multiple client solutions
- Configuring the platform to offer feature configurability on a per-client basis with a customizable UI
- Delivering a customized version of the platform to support each platform client’s individual needs
- Offering 24/7 support for both the platform and its users
- Over the course of the engagement, EPAM utilized its consulting and development expertise to address each challenge according to the client’s business needs. After EPAM worked to redesign the platform and migrate all of the data to the new solution, the client offered EPAM the role of a support partner. Today, the EPAM project team maintains the following responsibilities for the client:Onboarding 1-2 new clients every quarter, each requiring different specifications, change requests, unique UI designs, and custom SSO integration and infrastructure
- Moving toward various multi-tenant and multilingual solutions
- Orchestrating ongoing product improvement with new features and releases every 2-3 months
- Augmenting the existing 24x7 follow-the-sun support model
- Building multi-level user models that enable existing clients to share the platform with their own customers while fulfilling all privacy and security requirements
EPAM’s long-term partnership has enabled the client to establish itself as a proven leader in facilitating collaboration. Today, the client enjoys the following ongoing benefits from the engagement:
- Consistent business growth: EPAM’s support has helped the client onboard multiple new customers, including leaders in oil & gas, higher education, and financial services.
- Software development support: The client maintains full access to EPAM’s development, testing, and service desk capabilities, along with our ability to provide solution architecture expertise when new opportunities arise for product expansion.
- Future guidance: EPAM is the client’s trusted technology partner to support the future of the platform.
As a whole, the partnership is a great example of what can happen through open collaboration, and both parties are looking forward to continued success in the future.
- AWS-hosted, UNIX-based servers using a range of Amazon services
- Tomcat 8-based application and Nginx-based web servers
- Java 8-based application
- MySQL database
- Additional technologies:Spring, Spring MVC
- Responsive design, HTML5, CSS3, Sass, jQuery
- Ansible deployment automation
- Git code repository
GET IN TOUCH
Hi! We’d love to hear from you.
Are you ready to design the business models of tomorrow?