TM Forum – by Annie Turner and Dean Ramsay
The metaverse was catapulted into the public consciousness last year when Facebook changed its company name to Meta and announced 10,000 new jobs in Europe to “bring the metaverse to life”. But there is not yet consensus around the potential of the metaverse to shape the next evolutionary phase of the internet. Communication service providers (CSPs) need to set out their strategies now to ensure their role in the metaverse, and not miss out on the considerable revenue opportunity.
Read this report to understand:
- What the metaverse is – and is not
- The connectivity foundations of the metaverse
- How the metaverse could impact telecoms networks
- How CSPs can mitigate the impact and prosper
- Opportunities that are unique to network operators in the metaverse
- How SK Telecom, Vodafone, Verizon, Orange and Telefónica are approaching the metaverse opportunity
- How to get ready for the metaverse and make it happen.
To download the report, click here: https://inform.tmforum.org/research-reports/into-the-future-can-telcos-monetize-the-metaverse/
Learn more about the metaverse here: https://www.epam.com/our-work/media-entertainment-and-telecom/entering-the-metaverse